Monday, September 24, 2012

SEPT 23 2012
Here are some photos from this week. I sculpted a couple of zombies for the underwater puppet tests. They're pretty different designs and I'm going to try a couple other ideas as well.  I slammed a quick fiberglass mold over each of these, and blah-blah blah- this is not a how to article but in the next couple pics you see some processes happening... creating a core which floats perfectly in the center of the mold creating the skin thickness. and then the molds are bolted up and injected with silicone  to cast up the skins. Then the core is copied in a fiberglass shell (the green thing) that will be cut up and mech'ed  before the skin goes on...  in the next few days the skins will go on and be painted, teeth and eyes, hair, etc.  I have a couple of meetings coming up this week to sort out some key issues. I am hoping to work out a deal to shoot some of the main underwater action stuff in a giant water tank, and I'm meeting with some dive experts to discuss some finer points for the ocean shoot. Safety divers, insurance.... fish food....










No comments:

Post a Comment