Thursday, September 27, 2012

STORYBOARDING WITH TOYS


I de-molded the zombie heads today and I'm getting ready to airbrush them and continue work... I'll post pics of that over the weekend.  Meanwhile, back on the conceptual front, I'm working on the problem of planning underwater sequences.   I'm storyboarding, with toys, and photoshop.  I messed around with a storyboarding program, but for me it just seems easier and more intuitive to just shoot storyboards with my Canon, and some toys. I ordered a scuba diver toy online and a shark to go with and I'm using a stop motion skeleton armature to represent the zombie in each sequence. I also have a scuba Stickfa, who is more posable than Scuba Steve or whatever his name is, but scuba steve photographs better.  So I shot scuba Steve in about 500 poses and angles and I am photoshopping him into screencaps from dive video I've shot on various dives.  So you might wonder, why the hell not just pencil draw the storyboards.... I could do that too, but using real images for backgrounds is helpful because it makes you think about the realities of the shot in a more concrete way.


No comments:

Post a Comment